Stay tuned for updates about the 2021 9th & 9th Street Festival.
The 9th & 9th Street Festival is organized in partnership with the East Liberty Park Community Organization. This is our general procedure and has been updated as of 06/01/2021, but please note that the following items are subject to change. We will notify exhibitors of any changes.
900 South between 800 East and Lincoln Street
900 East between 800 South and Belmont (940 S)
- Check-in and load-in for festival booths: 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Set-up: 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM
* Vehicles must be removed from the street by 9:30 AM
- Festival hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Break-down: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Tent requirements – Securing your tent
All tents must be secured with weights to withstand wind and wind gusts. Per fire department requirements, all tents and membrane structures must be properly secured in case of wind (40 mph basic wind speed and 90 mph 3-second gust). Securing of the structures is the responsibility of the owner/operator (refer to IBC 1609).
You can use a 5-gallon bucket filled with water or sand to get approximately 40 lbs of weight at the corner. Not the prettiest, but it will work. Google other options if you don’t have commercially produced weights.
Special info for food vendors
Please be prepared to show your health permits from the Salt Lake Valley Health Department. You must meet their requirements as listed on this page: Temporary Event Food Permit.
Food trucks must have fire safety approval from the SLC Fire Department. Please be prepared to show proof for any fire inspections.
For food vendors using a tent structure, if you are warming or heating up that food you are required to have the following:
- Flame retardant certification must be provided for all temporary structures utilized for cooking or heating of food. California State Fire Marshal’s flame retardant certification seal must be visibly displayed on the tent.
- A portable fire extinguisher with a minimum 2A10BC and if there are grease-laden vapors present, a K-type extinguisher is also required.
Vendor check-in and event information
This info will be updated in mid-July as we confirm limitations, restrictions, and opportunities for events for 2021.
Salt Lake City Sales Tax
If you are selling any items, you will be issued a temporary sales tax number specifically for the 9th and 9th Street Festival. You should plan to collect sales tax or include it in your prices.
More questions? Contact us via our Facebook Page.