Here is the tentative plan for the 2023 9th & 9th Street Festival. Since this year’s festival will take place at Liberty Park, we expect to have the revisions to this plan finalized in early August.
The 9th & 9th Street Festival is organized in partnership with the East Liberty Park Community Organization. The following items are subject to change. We will notify exhibitors of any changes.
2023 Event Details
Northeast section of Liberty Park
- Check-in and load-in for festival booths: 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Set-up: 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM
* Vehicles must be removed from the festival area by 9:30 AM
- Festival hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Break-down and load out: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Vendor check-in and event information
- We are working on the load-in plan for the Liberty Park location.
- If you have volunteers or others coming to meet you, you can send them to HQ and we’ll direct them to you. We’ll also have a map there.
- PLEASE BRING WHATEVER YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRODUCTIVE, SAFE, AND COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE AT THE EVENT. This includes your tent, tent weights, table(s), chair(s), water bottle, snacks, a portable battery, table cloth, your signage, trash bin, etc.
- Your space number will be provided at check in, and we will direct you to your spot.
- We have limited trash receptacles on site, so please also reduce your waste/recycling prior to getting on site, so that you’re able to also pack it out at the end of the event.
Tent requirements – Securing your tent
All tents must be secured with weights to withstand wind and wind gusts. NO STAKES ARE ALLOWED. Per fire department requirements, all tents and membrane structures must be properly secured in case of wind (40 mph basic wind speed and 90 mph 3-second gust). Securing the structures is the responsibility of the owner/operator (refer to IBC 1609).
You can use a 5-gallon bucket filled with water or sand to get approximately 40 lbs of weight at the corner. Not the prettiest, but it will work. Google other options if you don’t have commercially produced weights.
Special info for food vendors
Please be prepared to show your health permits from the Salt Lake Valley Health Department. You must meet their requirements as listed on this page: Temporary Event Food Permit.
Food trucks must have fire safety approval from the SLC Fire Department. Please be prepared to show proof for any fire inspections. This is the yellow sticker they give you for your truck.
For food vendors using a tent structure, if you are warming or heating up that food you are required to have the following:
- Flame retardant certification must be provided for all temporary structures utilized for cooking or heating of food. California State Fire Marshal’s flame retardant certification seal must be visibly displayed on the tent.
- A portable fire extinguisher with a minimum 2A10BC and if there are grease-laden vapors present, a K-type extinguisher is also required.
Salt Lake City Sales Tax
If you are selling any items, you will be issued a temporary sales tax number specifically for the 9th and 9th Street Festival. You should plan to collect sales tax or include it in your prices.
More questions? Contact us via text only at 385-202-3383.3